Nintendo Wii Fit Balance Board and Video Game Disk
Step onto the Wii Balance Board and into a fun way to get fit.
* Control on-screen action with your movements on the balance board as you work your way through a variety of challenges aimed at getting you off the couch and into the action. Check your Body Mass Index (BMI) see your Wii Fit Age and keep tabs on your daily progress towards a more fit for you.
* Get fit with more than 40 activities and exercises including strength training aerobics yoga and balance games. Whether you're doing a yoga pose or snowboarding down a slalom course there's an activity for everyone.
* Challenge your family and friends to get in shape! Create your own personal profile and set goals test your balance track your progress with daily workouts and unlock new exercises and activities.
Create a Profile:
Before you jump into doing exercises and activities you'll start by creating your own profile. Choose a Mii enter your height and age information and do a few quick tests:
BMI Check: BMI or Body Mass Index is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that is the standard used by agencies such as the World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health. To check your BMI you'll enter your height then stand on the Wii Balance Board and let it read your weight.
Wii Fit Age: After you've checked your BMI you'll do a basic balance test and find out your current Wii Fit Age. This basic balance test measures how well you can control your left and right balance. Based on the results you'll be assigned a Wii Fit Age.
Wii Fit features four main categories to choose from: Strength Training Aerobics Yoga and Balance Games. As you spend time exercising you'll earn Fit Credits that unlock additional exercises and activities within these categories. Wii Fit also tracks the activities you do the most and puts them into the Favorites category.
Strength Training: Put your strength to the test with muscle-toning exercises like Single Leg Extension Sideways Leg Lift Arm and Leg Lift Single-Arm Stand Torso Twists Rowing Squat Single Leg Twist Lunge Push-Up and Side Plank Jackknife Plank and Tricep Extension. Challenges include Push-Up Challenge Plank Challenge and Jackknife Challenge.
Aerobics: Get your heart pumping with fun interactive Aerobic exercises like Hula Hoop® Basic Step Basic Run Super Hula Hoop Advanced Step 2-P Run Rhythm Boxing Free Step and Free Run.
Yoga: Work on your balance and flexibility with Yoga poses and activities like Deep Breathing Half-Moon Dance Cobra Bridge Spinal Twist Shoulder Stand Warrior Tree Sun Salutation Standing Knee Palm Tree Chair Triangle and Downward-Facing Dog.
Balance Games: Get into the action with fun balanced-based games like Soccer Heading Ski Slalom Ski Jump Table Tilt Tightrope Walk Balance Bubble Penguin Slide Snowboard Slalom and Lotus Focus.
Keep tabs on your daily progress with easy-to-understand graphs and charts. Using your personal profile you can set goals view a graph of your BMI results over time see how many Fit Credits you've earned check your Wii Fit Age and even enter exercise time you've done outside of Wii Fit. It's all about coming back and exercising a little every day and the personal profile makes tracking your daily progress simple and easy.
You can quickly check your Wii Fit Age and BMI without even putting the game in the console by going directly to the Wii Fit Channel.
Up to eight family members can create their own profiles in Wii Fit. On the profile-selection screen everyone in the family can see each other's recent BMI progress and Fit Credit total. This will allow families to have a friendly competition to exercise and get fit.
- Wii Fit comes with the Wii Balance Board and requires a Wii console to play. Wii console sold separately.
- Wii Fit combines fitness with fun and is designed for everyone young and old. Wii Fit players work towards personal fitness goals and they block soccer balls swivel hips to power hoop twirls and go big on ski jumps to get themselves there.
- Check your daily progress set goals check your Wii Fit Age and even enter exercise time you've done outside of Wii Fit.
- Wii Fit Age is measured by factoring the user's BMI reading testing the user's center of gravity and conducting quick balance tests.
- Training is at the core of Wii Fit. You can spend as much (or as little) time as you want trying out all of the 40+ activities Wii Fit offers.
- Shipping: Currently item can be shipped only within the U.S. please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- Product Dimensions: 10 pounds
- Media: Video Game
- Release Date: May 21 2008
"Wii Fit" purchase limit policy
As you may know the Nintendo "Wii Fit" is in great demand and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase a "Wii Fit" we are limiting the total number of "Wii Fit" units that can be purchased. As a result each household may only purchase one Nintendo "Wii Fit" unit total.
Visit www.esrb.org for more info.